SCHOTT MIROGARD ® – anti-reflective picture glazing
Masterful picture glazing – Low in reflection, neutral in color, nearly invisible
SCHOTT MIROGARD ® is an anti-reflective, completely transparent glass for use in glazing pictures. It minimizes reflections to less than 1% and provides artlovers with an unrestricted view. The ideal invisible protection – for Old Masters and young talents alike.
Museums, collections and galleries all over the world have been relying on SCHOTT MIROGARD ® anti-reflective glass for decades. This practically invisible glass features an anti-reflective optical interference coating that protects valuable works of art without disturbing the pleasure of looking at them.
- practically invisible glass
- protects valuable works of art without detracting from art enjoyment
- completely neutral in color
- museums, collections and galleries all over the world rely on SCHOTT MIROGARD® anti-reflective glass both in the past and nowadays
- features an anti-reflective optical interference coating
- the brilliance of the glazed artwork remains true to the original and is rendered in its natural colors
The MIROGARD® family consists of 5 different MIROGARD® types:
- MIROGARD® with approx. 48% UV protection
- MIROGARD® Plus with approx. 82% UV protection
- MIROGARD® Protect with approx. 99% UV protection and splinter protection
- MIROGARD® Protect Ultra – an extreme lightweight and thin, 99.9% premium UV protection, splinter protection
- MIROGARD® DARO – the solution to fingerprints and dirt, which can now be wiped away quickly and easily due to the durable anti-reflective and oleophobic coating
SCHOTT MIROGARD ® – anti-reflective glass for picture glazing is unique due to …
- anti-reflective to the highest extent possible
- up to less than 1% residual reflection in the visible spectrum (conventional float glass reflects approximately 8%)
- highly transparent
- up to 99% light transmission
- color rendering index up to Ra= 100
- product variations MIROGARD® Plus and MIROGARD® Protect are available for higher and even the highest UV protection
- burned-in surface coating
- highly resistant to abrasion
- extremely stable
- all product benefits have been tested and passed the following tests
Area of applications by SCHOTT Architecture:
MIROGARD® anti-reflective glass also protects paintings, graphics and prints from the destructive effects of UV radiation. 48% of the UV radiation in wavelengths from 300 to 380 nanometers is absorbed and reflected. This means MIROGARD® anti-reflective glass already offers better protection than other art glazing products, even in its standard version.
SCHOTT invests a great deal of effort to ensure that art lovers the world over are not distracted by the glazing. MIROGARD® anti-reflective glass is dip-coated using the sol-gel process. The coating production process takes place under clean room conditions. Multiple titanium dioxide and silicon dioxide layers are applied one after another with nanometer accuracy and then burned in. The result is a high-tech, anti-reflective art glass of the highest quality with a surface that is extremely stable, easy to clean and highly resistant to abrasion.
All products have been tested and passed the following tests:
- copper chloride acetic acid spray test
- sliding abrasion with Taber Abraser process
- adhesive tape test
- alcohol rubbing test
- stylus test
Files to download about SCHOTT MIROGARD
If you have a product inquiry or other topic for SCHOTT MIROGARD ® , please click the button
All product information comes from the SCHOTT website.
Click the button to go to the page